How to Find Fun Family Activities at Grand Prairie Traders Village
Since 1973, the folks at the Grand Prairie Traders Village have been entertaining crowds, hosting festivals, and offering families around Northeast Texas entertainment for the entire family. It is not just a flea market—it’s a family fun metroplex of activities.
Flea markets have been around in the United States since the 1880s. They were once used to help immigrants new to America earn a living. Now, the flea market is the best place for you to support local businesses.
Since the 1960s, flea markets have grown in popularity. Yet, there’s still a common misconception that flea markets are just a place to trade goods when they’re actually a place you can take the whole family. The kids can enjoy classic burgers, hotdogs, and chicken fingers, while mom and dad find bargain deals.
The Best Family Fun Activities at Traders Village
Millions of people have visited Traders Village. Visitors have traveled as far as Oklahoma to join in on the festivities. But, it’s the locals who will regale you with stories of the times they spent at the Grand Prairie flea market as children.
On weekends there are themed events. The covered patios are the place for you to enjoy live music, kids’ shows, and performances from bands from around the world. There is also an We don’t have the pow event anymore, please delete.Annual Native American Pow Wow every September.
With so much to do and 160 acres to cover, bring comfortable shoes.
The flea market at Grand Prairie is an open-air marketplace. You can shop endless rows of furniture and home décor, toys and collectibles, and clothing for adults and children. There is even a $1 Store for the kids to spend their allowance.
Some of the 3,500 dealers offer hand-crafted art from local artists. Others provide valuable services, like alterations and cell phone repair. You never know what you will find there.
2. RV Park Camping
The DFW Premier RV Park is located next to the Grand Prairie flea market, is easy to get to, and has comforts such as laundry, showers, and full hook-up camping RV sites. There is a recreation hall, with a Sunday church service each week.
Camping at Traders Village is perfect for everyone in the family. They have a dog park, a playground, and a swimming pool, so there is always something to do.
3. The Rumpus Room
The Rumpus Room, an interactive playroom for kids, is perfect for moms who want a day of family fun for a great value. It is the best place in the entire park for kids to run, jump, and play in a safe environment.
The Most Exciting Amusement Park Rides at Traders Village
If you’re a thrill-seeker, you’re not alone; 375 million people go to amusement parks each year. At Traders Village, there are exhilarating rides for all ages, including kiddie rides. And, for those who want to ride any ride at any time, all-day wristbands are available.
Here is a list of a few of the rides at Grand Prairie Traders Village:
- Village Vortex: A looping coaster that races around the 360° track, leaving riders suspended momentarily upside-down. You must be 48” tall to ride this ride.
- Yo-Yo: Swings that dangle 73 feet above the ground as it hurls riders around, tilting 10 degrees, for a high flying experience. You must be 42” tall to ride this ride.
- Wipeout: Your two-passenger seat offers the illusion that you are riding waves of the high seas, and it spins forward and then back. You must be 42” tall to ride this ride
- Fleafall: A thrilling ride that raises you up in a gondola 128 feet in the air. Then, suddenly, you fall. This is a guest-favorite for those seeking thrills. You must be 48” tall to ride this ride.
- Pharaoh’s Fury: A ship-like ride with a masthead that depicts the infamous King Tut. You sweep like a pendulum high above the flea market at Grand Prairie. You must be 48” tall to ride this ride.
- Star Dancer: This ride combines a gondola wheel with a carousel in a high-flying, family-friendly entertainment. After traveling up the 80-foot tower, guests get to enjoy a panoramic view of the metroplex. You must be 48” tall to ride this ride.
These are just a few rides at Trader Village. There are several appropriate for small children, but make sure that you check all the height requirements. They are listed online as well as at each ride.
The Ultimate Fun Family Activities at Grand Prairie Traders Village
What really makes this place great is the atmosphere. If you get a chance to speak with one of the employees, you will discover that families have worked here for generations. They continue to hold onto that tradition. This is a place run by families, made for families.
That said, family fun for all ages means just that: all ages. It’s not just about the kids. Adults can enjoy drinks as they wander the grounds. You can have the best Margaritas around, and while you’re there, don’t forget to grab some authentic street tacos or funnel cakes.
There are so many fun family activities to be found at the Grand Prairie Traders Village flea market. Now that you know what there is to do, it’s time to start planning your next outing! Are you tired of being stuck indoors? Do you want to find something fun to do with the family? Our amusement park rides are open!
Visit us today at Grand Prairies Traders Village. Check out all there is to do at Grand Prairie online to plan your family fun.